Ja, absolut! life in Stockholm, a to ö

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Januari

January in Sweden is quiet and grey. The weather here, as in the States, has been unusually warm and we haven’t had real snow since early November. At this point, I am praying for it – a blanket of reflecting white would really brighten up the whole city. Last Sunday, I took the train to Uppsala, home to the oldest university in Scandinavia. While the sky had been bright blue in Stockholm, it started to cloud over once we began to stroll around the streets and through the university grounds. It misted over, rained, and then snowed. I am not a winter person, but I was thrilled to be caught in a light snowstorm after the practically tee-shirt weather around Christmas. It wasn’t the perfect day for touring around the town, but it finally felt like a real January in Sweden.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home